Trends are not a vague concept. With every new day comes a brand-new trend and along with that, eager Gen-Z and Millennials trying it out in hopes to get more views or followers on their social media accounts. But just like everything else in life, when it comes to trends there are those that are good and others that just make you go WTF *hint: the tide pod challenge*. Idiocracy is present everywhere and unfortunately, the beauty and makeup world is not exempt from it.
Brace yourself, these beauty and makeup trends will leave you baffled, shocked and confused.
1) Permanent Marker As EyelinerLink: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrfsM3Z-0YQJust because Taylor Swift did something once in her life, doesn’t mean you should too. While she admits it was a stupid move on her part, that didn’t stop people from trying out this risky makeup trend. Ugh..kids these days!
2) Oreo Cookie As MascaraLink: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL0k6VhuaMEThere are some loves that just shouldn’t be combined. Like your love for food and makeup. Mixing Oreo cookie powder, with water and rubbing alcohol is a big no-no unless you’re looking to get an eye infection.
3) Blending Your Makeup With EVERY SINGLE THING!PC: @lou_floresFrom dish sponges to boiled eggs to fidget spinners to condoms and worst of all, testicles (nope, we’re not making this up). Just stick to the normal spongy SFW makeup blenders PEOPLE!
4) Colour Pencils As EyelinerLink: https://makeup.wonderhowto.com/how-to/make-eyeliner-with-colored-pencils-0165975/If coloured eyeliners are too pricy for you, don’t use anything at all. Stealing a kid’s colour pencil and using them as eyeliner or lipliner isn’t going to help.
5) Teeth NailsLink: https://www.cosmopolitan.com/style-beauty/beauty/a20651133/molar-teeth-nail-art/You ever wondered what nightmares are made of? Well, this is it! If your nails remind you of your dentist, you need to extract them ASAP!
6) Nose Hair ExtensionsLink: https://in.pinterest.com/pin/404409241534057876/?lp=trueHair coming out of your nose doesn't look good when your grandfather rocks it, nor does it look good on you! This beauty trend is an abomination and should never see the light of day ever again.
7) Ear MakeupLink: https://thewhisp.mommyish.com/beauty/bizarre-beauty-trends-glitter-boobs-fishtail-eyebrows/The most unnecessary makeup trend ever! Save your makeup girls, this makeup trend isn’t worth it.
8) Rainbow TeethLink: https://www.geek.com/culture/wtf-wednesday-bizarre-rainbow-teeth-trend-goes-viral-on-instagram-1758887/Just when we thought the rainbow colours would look pretty on just about anything, this makeup trend came out of nowhere and proved us wrong. Unless you want to look like you haven’t brushed your teeth in years, we suggest you ignore this makeup trend completely.
9) Back Neck ContouringPC: @mwhairstyles Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BA7T31FG3e8/CORRECTION! This is the most useless makeup trend ever!
10) Black HighlighterPc: @goreglitter, Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BS1fSZGAuf3/?utm_source=ig_embedUnless you want to look like you’ve used coal on your cheeks, we suggest you stick to your shimmery bright shades. After all, it's lit-from-within-glow, not black-face when you hear highlighters.
11) Pom Pom EyesPC: @allredsartistryUnless you’re a cheerleader, you shouldn’t go anywhere near pom-poms big or small!
12) Using Baking Soda As Setting PowderPC: @miriammarroquinn link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BDCyu4TORGV/We think people misunderstood the makeup term baking. Let’s leave the baking soda to perfect your cakes and setting powder to perfect your makeup.
13) Live Ant Manicurephoto: @nail_sunnyYou know it’s bad when you have PETA coming after you! We’ll just stick to the regular nail art sans live ants or any other living creature.
14) Halo BrowsPC: @hannahdoesmakeupp, Link: https://www.instagram.com/hannahdoesmakeupp/This is what happens when you reverse the unibrow. Here’s a beauty trend that should never make a comeback, EVER!
15) DIY Nose JobYou can do a lot with makeup- hide acne, enhance features, and even get your nose fixed. *sarcastic note- a lot of plastic surgeons went out of business after this makeup trend. Read More:Eyebrow Trends Throughout History10 Things Women Who Love Wearing Makeup Are Tired Of Hearing!
Sorry, the below products in your cart are out of stock. You need to remove them to continue checkout.
Let's get started...
Congratulations! You get
R$ 150 OFF on your first order & Get 15% glammPOINTS back on every order.
To earn more glammPOINTS, start sharing
You can also invite via SMS / WhatsApp / Email
Please enter the pincode of the location where you want to get the service
Please provide the OTP sent to your mobile number
You will recieve transactional updates on your
registered mobile number
We don't support landscape mode yet. Please go back to portrait mode for the best experience