It’s wedding season and you know what that means- figuring out your attire and makeup. Even if you aren’t the one walking down the aisle, as a wedding guest, you need to plan out your looks for the long list of ceremonies lined up. But aside from all the events leading up to the big day, you also need to keep in mind if it's a destination wedding. It’s 2020 and couples have found more creative ways of adding a new twist to traditions. Destination weddings are trending and almost everyone’s embracing it.
Many women are so stressed out about finding the right outfits not realizing that their wedding makeup is equally important. The wrong wedding makeup can ruin your entire look but don’t stress, we’ve got you covered. We’re here to help you elevate your beauty with the right makeup looks. Best of all, you don’t need a professional to do this. All you need is your trusty makeup bag.
So whether it’s a traditional wedding, a laid back beach ceremony or even a hilltop wedding, we’ve got the perfect destination wedding makeup looks that will leave you looking gorgeous.
Beach Wedding Guest
Beach weddings are on top of the destination wedding list and why wouldn’t it. Crystal blue waters and sandy pathways not only make it a wedding to remember but also create an aesthetically pleasing photo album. And if you are attending one, MyGlamm’s makeup expert Resham shows you how to effortlessly pull off a laid-back beach wedding makeup look.
- To perfect your beach wedding makeup look start by sculpting your eyes with a matte bronzer. Next, use a matte brown eyeshadow on the edges of your eyelids and blend it well.
- Once you’re done, cover part of your eyelids with a beige eyeshadow and apply a bit on your brow bone as well.
- Here comes the tricky part but if you follow Resham carefully, you’ll be able to nail it on your very first try. Create a winged liner using a matte black eyeshadow and later, line your upper lash line with black eyeliner. This will help define your eyes.
- Add volume to your lashes by coating them with mascara
- Complete your eye makeup look by adding a bit of beige eyeshadow on your lower lash line as well.
- Next, sculpt your face with a matte bronzer, use a rosy blush to add some colour to your cheeks and look lit under the sun by applying highlighter on your cheekbones.
- Finally, pink lipstick is all you need to complete this look.
Hilltop Wedding Guest
Many couples are ditching those yawn-worthy banquet halls or lawns and opting for something totally different. For those who love adventure and the outdoors, hilltop weddings are their go-to choice. If you’ve received an invite and totally confused about what wedding makeup look to rock, well, blogger Saloni Shah is here to save the day.
- Start by applying a shimmery liquid highlighter on your cheekbones and down the bridge of your nose. This will give you a natural luminous shine.
- Next, fake the flush by adding blush to the apples of your cheeks and sculpt your face with a matte bronzer.
- Moving on to your eyes. Line your crease with a matte black eyeshadow. Next, use a creamy foundation to create a base.
- Make your eyes sparkle by layering on a shimmery gold eyeshadow. Once you’re done, use the same black eyeshadow on your upper and lower lash line.
- Create the illusion of fuller brows by applying brow powder. Read our must-know brow tips in order to achieve perfectly shaped fuller brows.
- Layer on a beet pink lipstick, a shimmery pink lipgloss and you’re done!
Temple Wedding Guest
No matter the trend, there are still a few couples who opt for traditional temple weddings. If you have received an invite for one, then our MUA Ruchita is here to show you how to create the perfect traditional temple wedding makeup look.
- Sculpt your eyes with a matte coral eyeshadow. Once you’re done, use a matte black eyeshadow on the edges and soften it by blending it well.
- Next, layer on a shimmery copper eyeshadow and using your finger, dab on a purple shimmery shade on the centre. Next, define your eyes by applying eyeliner on your upper and lower lash lines.
- Create the illusion of fuller brows by using brow powder. Make sure to apply it well in order to get perfectly defined brows.
- Next, add volume to your lashes by coating them with mascara.
- Moving on to the rest of your face. Use a rosy blush to add colour to your cheeks and get a lit-from-within glow by adding highlighter to your cheekbones, brow bones and to the inner corners of your eyes.