It’s that time of the year again when fresh beauty trends at the Fall/Winter 2018 shows are revealed and scrutinised. And this sets the tone for the upcoming autumn and winter seasons.
As for the International runways of Paris, Milan, London and New York, bold makeup continues to rule the roost. From silver eye makeup to bright eyeshadows, berry lipsticks and bold blush, everything was spotted at the fashion shows. Keeping in line with feminism, bold lips and statement eyes adorned with glitter and unconventional colours were the most sought-after makeup trends this season.
The ramps also saw the return of mascara, inspired by the 60s and the 80s makeup trends with barely-there makeup, encouraging clean beauty. However, no show can be complete without a little sparkle and sheen, so glitter and highlighter were all over the catwalks - be it the face or body or eyes. To put it simply, the Autumn/Winter 2018 makeup trends celebrated self-expression. There was a bold and beautiful feminine vibe which we welcome wholeheartedly.
Here are some of our favourite makeup trends at the Fall/Winter 2018 runways.
- Highlighting inner corners of the eyes is a trend that is oh-so-wearable! It was seen at the shows of Fendi, Elie Saab and Versace.
Pic credit: Brands- Fendi, Elie Saab and Versace
- Eyes were kept in focus for the models walking the ramps for Chanel and CIVIDINI. The jewel-toned eyeliners and the underliners were a sight to watch.
Pic credit: Brands- Chanel and Cividini
- Bold blush and rosy cheeks ruled the ramps at the shows of House of Holland, Vivetta and Missoni.
Pic credit: Brands- House of Holland, Vivetta and Missoni
- The show for Marni was dominated by eyeshadows in the more alluring bright colours like blues and greens.
Pic credit: Brands- Marni
- Ralph & Russo and Valentino embraced the trend of bold eyes in the most fascinating way. With the models adorning the trendiest colours of the season like blue, pink and purple definitely made the show full of colour.
Pic credit: Brands- Ralph & Russo and Valentino
- Max Mara, Tony Ward, Tom Ford and Marc Jacobs went OTT with the eyeliners and it was definitely visible at the shows.
Pic credit: Brands- Max Mara, Tony Ward, and Marc Jacobs
- The ‘high-on-highlighter’ look took our breath away at the Dolce and Gabbana & Murad shows.
Pic credit: Brands- Dolce and Gabbanna and Murad