Say Goodbye To Bad Hair Days
We all dream of good hair days, though we fail to succeed in having those perfect hair days most of the time. Therefore, here’s a guide that’ll help you flaunt your mane without having to deal with bad hair day woes.
1. Before going for a hair wash, ensure that there are no knots in your hair. This can lead to breakage of hair in the shower. Therefore, de-tangle your hair with a hair brush before you head for a shower. However, comb wet hair only using a wide-tooth comb.
2. Understand the texture of your hair before you choose a specific hair care routine in order to have perfect hair days. Wash your hair just once or twice a week. Deep condition your hair once a week to keep your locks smooth and shiny, and if you have curly hair, then this method will help you with bouncy curls.
3. Treat your hair regularly either with some hair oil or by preparing homemade hair masks. If you’re up for oiling your hair, then apply warm coconut oil to your hair and leave it on for an hour before washing. To prepare a hair mask, take half avocado and 2 egg yolks, mix them well and apply the mask to your hair. Rinse it after about 15-20 minutes.
4. Always wash your hair with cold hair. Cold water helps to close the hair’s cuticle and seal in moisture from the conditioner — which in turn helps your hair look shiny and healthy. Therefore, even if you’re having a shower with warm water, ensure that in the end, you rinse it with cold water.
5. Avoid towel-drying your hair. Instead use a cotton tshirt to dry your hair. The T-shirt does not have the rough grooves of a towel. It’s a flat surface, so the water sinks into that surface and it slides through the hair instead of roughing it up, thus, making it frizzy.
6. Massage your scalp regularly to help stimulate hair growth. A properly done scalp massage can increase blood circulation to the hair follicles, will keep you stress-free and relaxed, condition the scalp, and boost the strength of the hair roots. The kneading pressure applied by massage warms the skin and opens up blood vessels to increase flow and boost circulation.