5 DIY Homemade Face Masks That Actually Work
In the hustle of a fast-paced life, we are rarely able to follow our skincare routines to a T. Add to that premature signs of ageing and wrinkles, and you know that your skin needs attention. Keeping all that in mind, there isn't a better time than now to give your skin the much-needed TLC.
Let’s begin with this: Did you know that apart from cleansing, toning and moisturizing, face masks too, play an important role in one's skincare routine? Face masks cater to various skin concerns, right from minimizing pores and controlling excess oil to giving your dry skin a boost of hydration and moisture. If radiant skin minus the pesky zits and stubborn dark spots is what you are looking for, face masks have got you covered. Here's looking at 5 highly effective DIY face masks that you can make at home.
Papaya and Honey Mask
For those experiencing hyperpigmentation, sunspots, and uneven skin tone, this mask work wonders.
- Combine 2 tablespoons of honey and 1/2 cup of mashed papaya together.
- Now, gently apply the mixture all over your face and let it sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash it off and moisturize using one from your beauty arsenal.
Do you know about the secret weapon to help stop acne? Turmeric! Apart from minimizing microbial growth, sebum production, and inflammation, it also helps fight discolouration and hyperpigmentation over a period of time. Here's how you can use it to your advantage.
- Combine 3 tablespoons of turmeric powder and 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice with water to make a thick paste.
- Apply this mask all over your face and leave it on for approximately 10 minutes.
- Remove gently using water and pat dry.
Pro tip: It can also be used to spot treat acne/pimples.
Yoghurt and Buttermilk Mask:
If you happen to be uncertain about the kind of face mask to try, we suggest this simple type that is apt for exfoliation. The ingredients can be easily found in your kitchen and are bound to leave your skin feeling supple.
- Combine 1/2 cup of buttermilk and 2 tablespoons of yoghurt.
- Apply the mask all over your face and neck and leave it undisturbed for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse well and pat dry gently, followed by moisturizing,
Avocado, Cocoa & Honey Mask:
This wholesome mask contains three incredible ingredients which work wonders for your face— avocado, cocoa, and honey. Whilst cocoa serves as a skin-soothing ingredient, honey and avocado act as antibacterial and skin-hydrating components respectively.
- Mash 1/4 of an avocado in a small bowl and to this, add 1 tablespoon cocoa powder and honey each.
- Mix all the ingredients until they have blended well.
- Apply on your face and neck, leaving it on for 10-15 minutes.
- Wash off with lukewarm water, pat dry and then moisturize.
Honey, Oatmeal, and Egg Mask:
This mask calms oily skin and helps absorb excess oil and sebum, all thanks to the magic mix of oatmeal and egg yolks.
- Combine 1 egg yolk and 1/2 cup of oatmeal with 1 tablespoon of honey and olive oil each.
- Stir well and apply to your face.
- Leave the mask undisturbed for about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove gently with lukewarm water, pat dry and moisturize.
Pick from this array of face masks that can be easily made at home and give way to healthy, supple skin.
How to use face mask: If you are using face mask for the first time then you need to read this.