Make Your Eyes Pop Like Lupita Nyong'o
Talk about bold makeup and Lupita Nyong'o immediately comes to mind. It's fascinating to see her pull off boldest of eye makeup looks with great panache.
We absolutely love the way she makes her eyes pop with colour like azure, sea green and gold. The Black Panther star is an inspiration for all not to shy away from wearing brights on the eyes.
If you want to make your eyes pop like Lupita, we’ve got you covered with the best tricks that’ll immediately up your eye makeup game. Read on to know about these super cool and handy tips:
1. Are you having a hard time applying your eyeliner with a soft pencil? Draw a thick line
2. Did you know? If you use a white eyeliner on the water rim of your lower lash line, it’ll make your eyes look bigger and brighter.
3. To brighten your entire face, apply a shimmery champagne coloured eye pencil in the inner corner of your eyes. See the magic it does to enhance your entire makeup.
4. Applying highlighter on your brow bone will immediately open your eyes, making them stand out.
5. Ditch your neutral black or brown liner for a brightly coloured one.
6. Apply concealer to cover your under-eye circles before you apply face foundation. This will help it camouflage better without your face looking too made up.
7. Avoid swiping on eye shadow. Instead, press the color into your eyelid either using a brush or your fingers. This will give your lids a more pigmented and natural finish.
8. Before wearing any eye makeup, apply eye cream under the eyes and onto your lids. This will make your makeup glide on smoother.
9. Once you’re done applying your eye makeup, dab dots of eye highlighter along the brow bone and around your eyes and blend in with your fingers to brighten the whole area.
10. Want to achieve a classic smoky eye look? These two products
See More: Jet Set Eyes kajal
11. Did you know? The most important rule while creating a smoky eye look is that if you go dark, make sure that you keep the rest of your face soft.
12. Here’s a guide to the shades of eyeshadow you should look out for depending on the color of your eyes: If you have brown eyes, use eyeshadow in navy blue to really make them stand out. If your eyes are green, try eyeshadow in purple shades such as lavender, violet, or amethyst. Keep the color sheer so it won’t look gaudy. If your eyes are blue, apply peach eyeshadow all over your lids and underneath your eyebrows to make them stand out.
13. To further blend a smoky eye, all you need to do is swipe the same color used on your lids, on your bottom lash line. This will enhance the smokey effect.
14. Apply dark eye shadows with a thin, damp brush on the upper or lower lash line for a defined eye that will last all day.
15. Avoid using an
16. While applying mascara, skip wearing it on the bottom lashes. This will make your eyes appear lifted.
17. Make use of clear mascara to groom your eyebrows and to keep them in place.
18. Dark makeup can make the eyes recede. In order to add depth, use shimmery highlight shades and make them stand out.
19. Want to wake up looking fresh? Here’s a trick! To get rid of puffy and tired-looking eyes, rub an ice cube in the morning to reduce the swelling.
20. For an unusual eye makeup look, dab a bright
See More: Chisel It Poker Face Highlighter+Bronzer+Blush
Got any other cool tips that help your eyes stand out? Let us know in the comments below!