It’s Halloween and this American holiday has taken over the world. While trick ‘o treat is still a vague concept here, Halloween costume parties aren’t! From house parties to clubs to even offices, everyone is embracing this fun yet spooky holiday. If you’re still confused as to what you should go as, well, we’ve got 4 options, all of which are sure to make you stand out.
Even though you might not get to rock all these looks, costume parties are the new trend that happens throughout the year. So, get out your makeup bag and start perfecting these Halloween makeup looks.
1) Queen of Hearts
Who doesn’t want to be queen for a day! Steal hearts wherever you go with this glamorous Halloween makeup look.
- Start by applying a dark blue eyeshadow on your crease and create a smokey cat-eye look. Next, take the same shade and add it to your lower lash line.
- Add a bit of cream eyeshadow to the centre of your lids. Next, define your eyes by creating a sharp winged liner. Now that the hard part’s over, dot your eyes with glitter chucks. This will really make them stand out!
- Once you’re done with your eye makeup, paint playing cards above your eyebrow and later move on to your cheekbones and paint a diamond and a heart using a flat brush. Don’t forget to bling it out!
- Moving on to your face, contour your cheeks and jawline with a bronzer, add some colour to your cheeks with some blush and use a bit of highlighter on your cheekbones, Cupid’s bow and down the centre of your nose.
- Next, from the center of your lower lash line, draw a straight line towards your cheek and add a dot of glitter at the very end.
- Complete this look by applying concealer to the corners of your lips and paint a heart in the middle using a bright red lipstick while applying a black colour to the corners.
2) Orange Spell
Bring out your feline side and look purr-fect with this easy cat woman Halloween makeup look. All you need is your orange lipstick, mascara and black eyeliner. MyGlamm’s MUA Ruchita shows you exactly how it’s done.
- To achieve this look, start by applying a bright orange shade on your crease and wing it out. Next, apply a matte coral eyeshadow and blend it well. Once you’re done add a champagne gold shade to the centre of your lids and finally define your eyes with a classic black winged eyeliner.
- Complete your eye makeup look by lining your lower lashes with black kajal and smudge it out. Volumize your lashes by adding a coat of mascara.
- Moving on to your cheeks, use the same shade of orange to contour your cheeks. Once you’re done, add a bit of highlighter to your cheekbones and nose.
- To replicate those feline features, use your black eyeliner to draw on a button nose and whiskers and finally, fill in your lips with a black shade.
3) Evil Queen
Bring out your bad side this Halloween by channeling the evil queen. Forget about fairest in all the land, be the best in the room with this Halloween makeup look.
- Start by using a concealer to cover any blemishes and pigmentation. Next, use a foundation shade that’s lighter than your skin tone and apply it all over your face and blend it well!
- For your eyes, start by applying a royal purple eyeshadow all over your eyelids. Once you’re done, create a pastel hue by using the same concealer. Next, add a deep mauve shade to your crease and blend it well. Make sure to bring it down to your lower lash line as well. Add definition to your eyes by lining your upper lids with a brown kohl liner.
- The evil queen was the OG trendsetter for fuller brows, so create intensely dramatic eyebrows by overlining them using black paint.
- Next, add a hint of blush to your cheeks. Outline and fill your lips with a coral rust shade.
- Complete your evil queen look by painting a widow’s peak on your forehead and voila! You’re done with this Halloween makeup look!
Angelina Jolie reprised her role as Maleficent once again and MyGlamm’s makeup expert Jason shows you how to look deviously evil with this easy Halloween makeup tutorial.
- To create this Halloween makeup look you’ll need to start by creating a smokey cat-eye look using a matte black eyeshadow. Then, apply a gold foil on your eyelids and create a half gold, half black look.
- Next, create a downturned wing on your lower lash line. Don’t worry, this isn’t as difficult as your usual cat-eye.
- Once you’re done with your eyes, move on to your cheeks and apply white foundation on your cheekbones and blend it well. Do the same for your nose as well.
- Contour your cheeks with a dark brown bronzer. Next, draw a widow’s peak on your forehead, bring it down till your ears and fill it in.
- Finally, a swipe of bright red lipstick, a hint of black on the centre of your lips and a layer of a reddish-pink lipgloss is all you need to complete this Halloween makeup look.