It seems like the SS20 beauty trends are all about resurrecting the past. We’ve seen looks from back in the day be the highlight of fashion week in Paris, London and even New York. From '70s retro eyes to bold '80s makeup and even going all out with glitter just like in the '90s, these looks are back and we’re here to show you how to recreate these vintage styles and look gorgeous.
It’s time for ‘60s makeup to shine again. Dramatic cat-eyes and Twiggy-inspired lashes have already taken over the red carpet and editorial shoots and it’s now time to add it to your beauty routine. MyGlamm’s MUA Ruchita is here to show you how to rock this distinctly unforgettable style.
- Begin by covering your eyelids with a shimmery highlighter. Next, carefully trace your crease to create wings using a black eyeliner. Once you’re done with your crease, move on down and tight line your lower lash line.
- Using the Stay Defined eyeliner, create a thin wing on your upper lash line. To instantly open up your eyes, use a white eyeliner or beige pencil on your waterline.
- Next, coat your lashes with mascara.
- Once you’re done with your eyes, move on up to your brows and fill them in with MyGlamm’s Stay Defined Liquid Eyeliner + Brow Powder.
- You cannot embrace the ‘60s without heavily blushed cheeks. So, once you’re done with your eyes, add a rosy tint to your cheeks using the Chisel It palette.
- And finally, perfect those pouts with MyGlamm’s Perfect Curves Matte Lip Crayon – Spice It Up.
The ‘70s were all about trying everything from subtle makeup to super glam retro eyes. Here’s how you can embrace the disco era with this simple look.
- Start by applying a matte brown shade from the Manish Malhotra 9 in 1 Eyeshadow Palette in Rendezvous on your crease and blend it well. Next, apply a shimmery eyeshadow on the center of your lids.
- Then, using MyGlamm’s Stay Defined eyeliner, create a wing on your upper lash line. Next, add definition to your eyes using MyGlamm’s Jet Set Eyes on your lower lash line.
- Once you’re done, use MyGlamm's Stay Defined Eyeliner + Brow Powder to create the illusion of fuller brows.
- Next, using MyGlamm's Chisel It, fake the flush by adding a bit of blush to the apples your cheeks.
- Complete your look by enhancing your lips with MyGlamm’s POSE HD Lipstick - Muted Coral.
‘80s makeup was all about being bold and dramatic. The concept of 'less is more' seemed to be nonexistent during this era. RJ Rohini shows you how to effortlessly rock this look in 2019.
- Start by contouring your upper eyelids with a coral eyeshadow and bring it down to your lower lash line as well. You can use the same shade to create a winged effect.
- Once you’re done with the smoky eye, apply a gold foil shade from the Manish Malhotra 9 in 1 Eyeshadow Palette in Rendezvous on the centre of your lids.
- Open up your eyes by adding a pale metallic bronze shade to the inner corners of your eyes.
- Bronzer was everyone’s favourite during this era so don’t forget to contour your face with MyGlamm's Chisel It palette.
- Blush, bronzer and highlighter go hand in hand. So once you're done with your bronzer, add some colour to your face by applying blush to the apples of your cheeks and highlight your brow bones, cheekbones, nose and Cupid’s bow with a highlighter.
- Use MyGlamm’s LIT Satin Matte Lipstick – Gossip Girl to add a deep pink rosy shade to your lips. Complete your entire look by using the Manish Malhotra Hi-Shine Lipgloss – Retro Romance to give your look that ‘80s magic.
‘90s makeup is equally deserving of a comeback as compared to the other eras. The unforgettable use of glitter has made its way back into our makeup routine. But rather than going full-on Edward Cullen, here’s how you can use glitter to highlight your eyes and bring sexy back.
- Start by contouring your eyes with a matte coral eyeshadow from the Manish Malhotra 9 in 1 Eyeshadow Palette in Soiree. Next comes the tricky part. Create a smoky winged eye look using a matte brown shade from the same palette. Once you’ve nailed it, apply a copper foil across your eyelids.
- Define your eyes by using MyGlamm’s Jet Set Eyes on your upper lash line and blend it well.
- Then move on to a matte black shadow from the Manish Malhotra 9 in 1 Eyeshadow Palette in Rendezvous and apply it on your lower lash line.
- Create fuller, natural-looking brows by filling them in with MyGlamm's Stay Defined Eyeliner + Brow Powder.
- Next, apply blush to the apples of your cheeks for a rosy glow and highlight your brow bones, cheekbones, nose and Cupid’s bow with a shimmery highlighter from MyGlamm's Chisel It palette.
- Finally, outline your lips with MyGlamm’s LIT Matte Lipliner Pencil – Spoilt, swipe on a shimmery lipgloss and your ‘90s look is done!