If there's one food people on Instagram are obsessed with it's avocado. Avocado toasts, avocado sweaters, and even avocado ring holders- people really seem to love this fruit. But we, of course, love avocados because they're a beauty staple.
Avocados are delicious and jam-packed with super nutrients that always work beautifully for the skin. If you are a DIY queen who loves whipping a face mask, then we can bet after reading this, avocado is going to be your new go-to ingredient.
- Avocados are great for all skin types but for people who have sensitive skin, then they're a lifesavers. They're packed with minerals such as calcium, potassium, copper, magnesium, and iron. Yup, we told you this superfood is incredible!
- They are also rich in Vitamins A, B, E, and K.
- They are super nourishing, especially in winters. So if you have dry skin, an avocado mask is what your skin needs to quench its thirst.
- Another reason why avocados are a hit in the skincare world is that they fight off acne.
- They're also soothing on the skin. So if you have irritated or sunburnt skin, then time to make an avocado mask.
- Lastly, they reduce signs of ageing and retain elasticity.
Homemade avocado masks are one of the best things that you can make for your skin as they are super nourishing and give your skin a glow from within. We've listed down one for each skin woe.
- 1 avocado
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 drops tea tree oil
Step 1: In a bowl, mash an avocado properly till it turns into a fine paste.
Step 2: Next, add the oils and mix them well.
This super hydrating mask is for everyone who has acne-prone or sensitive skin. Just use this mask 1-2 times a week and we bet your skin will not stop gleaming.
- 1 avocado
- Handful of oats
- 1 tbsp honey
Step 1: In a bowl, mash a ripe avocado and add 1 tbsp oats.
Step 2: Add a few drops of honey and see if you think that mixture is grainy enough to be applied to your skin. If not, then please add more oats (and even honey if you like).
This DIY avocado scrub is great for everyday use and we bet your #sunkissed selfies are gonna look so lit during the golden hour!
- 1 avocado
- 1 egg
Step 1: In a bowl, mash a ripe avocado and then add egg white of one egg.
Step 2: Mix them up properly and that's it.
This anti-ageing mask is for everyone who wants to look filtered IRL.
And if you love adding the magic of superfoods to your skincare regimen but don't want to go through the trouble of whipping a mask for yourself then give these sheet masks a try.
You may also like to read: DIY Avocado Hair Masks
PS: Avo great day!
Featured Image: Pexels.com, Pinterest