You’ve probably seen many celebs on the red-carpet sporting smokey eyes and looking drop-dead gorgeous, well, you don’t need to be famous to rock this eye makeup trend. Smokey eye makeup is perfect for night outs, festive parties and even weddings but while the black smokey eye look is a timeless classic, why not take your makeup game up a notch and opt for a different colour instead. MyGlamm’s MUAs’ show you how to do smokey eye makeup looks that will make you stand out and even steal the show.
Smokin' Hot: Neon Smokey Eyes
Neon is the trending colour this season. From lipsticks to eyeliners to even nail art and now eyeshadows, it seems like it's a neon takeover. Makeup expert Jason Arland shows you how to brighten up your eyes instantly with this neon smokey eye look.
- Before starting any smokey eye look, first apply a base. Foundation or eye primers help make the application process smoother, helps it last longer and even prevents creasing. Apply it on your eyelids and crease and wing it out.
- Next, add a yellow eyeshadow on your eyelids. Once you’re done, line your upper lash line with an orange shade.
- A bit of shimmery highlighter in the corners of your eyes is all you need to open them up.
- Next, take the same yellow shade and apply it on your waterline. This will add that extra dose of drama to your eyes.
- Your dramatic eye look wouldn’t be complete without a bit of shimmer. Add a bit of shimmer on the centre of your eyelids and on your lower lash line and coat your lashes with mascara.
- Once you’re done with your eyes, move on to the rest of your face and add a glossy lipstick and highlight your face with a luminous highlighter and you’re done!
Add a colourful twist to your basic pink makeup. This feminine colour is having its moment right now and here’s how you can change it up a bit.
- Start by covering your crease and lower lash line with a subtle purple eyeshadow.
- Next, apply a bold pink shade on your eyelids and blend it well.
Smokin’ Hot: Brown Smokey Eyes
Why play it safe when you have MyGlamm’s makeup expert Ruchita who will help you create a sexy brown smoky eye look.
- Start by applying brown eyeshadow on half your eyelid and black on the other half and wing it out.
- For your lower lash line, start by adding a bit of gold eyeliner, then opt for a shimmery light blue shade in the middle and go for a darker blue at the end.
Smokin' Hot: Classic Black Smokey Eye
This classic smokey eye look just got an upgrade. Not only is it really easy to achieve but you’re sure to make all heads turn wherever you go.
- For this look, take your kajal pencil and apply it on your eyelids. Next, take your makeup brush and blend it out. To get that cat-eye smokey eye look, apply the kajal on the outer eye area and again blend it well.
- Next, take the same kajal and apply it on your waterline and smudge it out with your makeup brush.
- Finally, add volume to your lashes by coating them with mascara.
Navratri Makeup Looks That Will Instantly Glam Up Your Outfit