Makeup can be hella expensive! Just buying a few items from Sephora can bill you an amount that I'm sure will probably be more than my first salary. And if you reach for high-end brands such as Givenchy, YSL, or Chanel, be ready to spend at least 5k for just two products.
As much as we love owning (and using) high-end brands, you gotta admit that you can basically get a dupe for any product. But what if you can shop for all your fave makeup you desire, that too for free? Now, isn't that the dream?
We asked Team POPxo what will they buy with each of them was given Rs 5000 to shop from. And honestly, this just made us add more products to our makeup wishlist!
If you love shopping for makeup, then you know that it can burn quite a hole in your pocket. But what if you were given Rs 5000 to shop for makeup that you'd had on your wishlist for so long, what all will you choose?
Here's what Team POPxo team has on their wishlist. Let's see if their choices match with yours or not.
For me, the TOM FORD Lip Color tops the list. The finish, the colour, the feel of it—there’s simply nothing that’s not to love. As for the rest, I would happily cop some failsafe classics (hello versatile lip colours that work with almost everything!) So I was given Rs 5000 to shop, I'll head straight over to Sephora RN to buy that luxe lipstick that I've been eyeing for so long.
-Abhilasha Tyagi, Senior Writer
Okay let’s just put it this way, since I have been “given” this money, I am definitely going to spend most of it in “fun” stuff which would probably get exhausted while I play with it at home. That said, I’d definitely also pick one of my staples, the Estee Lauder Pure Color Love Lipstick is the first choice here given that I am currently out of my favourite colour.
Also, I'll definitely add the MyGlamm Magic Potion, ETUDE HOUSE Dear Darling Water Gel Tint and a great eyeshadow palette to my shopping list.
-Khushboo Sharma, Senior Writer
Oh, this is my favourite game and I have played it multiple times inside my head. I’d like to make the most of the Rs 5,000 so, here’s my (too) well-thought-out list:
The Clinique Moisture Surge 72-Hour Auto-Replenishing Hydrator Mini because hydration is important. Then the Benefit Cosmetics They’re Real! Beyond Mascara - Jet Black Mini because it makes my lashes look bomb. The BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter Mini because we can’t be in Goa all the time but we CAN have a (fake) sun-kissed glow. And finally, the Benefit Cosmetics GoGo Tint for a little flush of colour.
Okay so I might have cheated a little because the total is a little over Rs 5,000 but realistically, I would be going a little over budget if I were at a store too *wink*
-Tanya Sharma, Junior Editor
I’m already a pro at adding way-out-of-my-budget essentials in my cart and wait for the time when I’ll magically be able to order all of them at once. But if I were ever given Rs.5000, I’d in fact look into my wishlist as that’s where my true desires lie. Here’s the list:
- Kama Ayurveda Kumkumadi Miraculous Beauty Fluid: I have uneven skin tone, pigmentation, and dark circles. And surprisingly, this tiny bottle can really help. The only problem is that it gets over as soon as it starts to show real effects.
- Innisfree Simplelabel Tinted Moisturizer: I have tried the steps of using ‘serum-essence-moisturizer-SPF-base’ but sadly, I’m not a fan. I like this product for the simple reason that it can be used for multiple purposes.
- Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer- 150 Neutralizer: Again, this product is for the dark circles that refuse to go away. Honestly, given my messed up sleep cycle, I don’t blame anyone.
- ETUDE HOUSE Dear Darling Tint - OR205 (450) because who doesn't love a flush of colour on their cheeks?
- Kanupriya, Content Writer
I’m a sucker for Korean beauty products and cutesy packaging. I like K-beauty products because they have interesting ingredients such as bamboo extract, green tea, noni, mugwort, birch juice - you get the drift. If I was given 5 grand to shop my heart out, here’s what I would pick!
1. ETUDE HOUSE Play Color Eyes Cherry Blossom - Do I need another eyeshadow palette when I already have a drawer full of them at home? Hell yeah, I do! Because this one has tiny cherry blossoms on it *Wink*
2. LANEIGE Cream Skin Refiner - No kidding, this product actually looks like raw milk! It feels so good on my skin and always makes it soft and smooth. Definitely picking up a second bottle.
3. Cosrx Salicylic Acid Exfoliating Cleanser - I’ve heard so many good things about this cleanser, I would certainly like to try it out.
4. Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin E Mask - I heard this product can be used as a mask, sleeping pack and moisturiser - how wonderful is that, right?
5. Innisfree The Green Tea Seed Face Serum - This is one of my favorite skincare products from Innisfree and I will always repurchase it. One bottle can last you months and it does a great job at improving the texture of your skin.
- Sharon Alphonso , Senior Writer
If I was given Rs 5000 to shop, then I'll definitely buy at least one of The Dear Dahlia Lip Paradise Effortless Matte Lipsticks as it has been on my wishlist for too long. The packaging is so extra AF and it is seriously one of the best matte lipsticks ever.
Also, on my list is the Tom Ford Kohl Liner as I've heard that they are intensely pigmented and I cannot spend that ridiculous amount on kajal unless someone else is paying for it!
- Aayushi Pareek, Beauty Writer
What makeup will you buy if you were given 5k to spend? Do tell us!
Featured Image: Author's Own