How To Do Pedicure At Home? Pedicure Process Step By Step!
Being well-groomed is what makes you look amazing and gives you confidence. But going to the salon every month costs a lot and can be really heavy on your pocket as it is an expensive affair. But do you know, you can do several grooming processes like pedicures at home that will not cost you much? Yes, you heard it right! In this article, we will be telling you how to do pedicure at home with a step by step easy guide that will surely help you. Here have a look at the article to know the details about foot pedicure at home!
How To Do Pedicure At Home: Products Needed!
To do a pedicure at home, you need a few products that will make your pedicure session amazing.
- Luke Warm Water
- A Bucket/ Tub
- A Shampoo
- Foot Scrub
- Nail clippers
- Cuticle pusher
- Nail Filer
- Pumice Stone
- Nail Paint Remover
- Hand and cuticle cream
- A towel
How To Do Pedicure At Home?
Looking forward to doing a pedicure at home? Here is a step by step guide to doing a pedicure at home.
1. Prepare Your Nails
Given below are some steps to prepare your nails to start the pedicure. Here have a look!
- To do a pedicure at home, one of the most basic and first steps is to remove your nail polish using a non-acetone nail paint remover.
- Clip your nails using a nail cutter and clear out the dirt that is accumulated.
- Using a nail filer, shape your nails, as per your preference (oval, pointed, square or squoval)
2. Soak Your Feet In Warm Water Mixed With Soap
One of the most amazing steps of doing a pedicure is relaxing your feet in warm water. Doing so will take out the stress from the body. Given below are the steps on how to do pedicure at home with soap & water. Have a look!
- Fill up warm water in a tub and add essential oil, fragrant, soap, and rock salt in it.
- Soak your feet in the tub and let the feet be in the warm water for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- After that, let your feet get dry or use a towel to do it.
If you want to prepare the water to soak your feet for a particular concern, then here we have got some tips for you:
- If you want to soothe the inflammation on your feet or there is any kind of a pain, then you can add a half cup of Epsom salt to warm water and soak your feet. Also, if you have rough feet, then again this tip will come handy.
- To calm the nerves of your feet you can just add a few drops of essential oil to warm water. It is the best option to enjoy a special spa treatment.
- If you want to feel all fancy and want to soothe your feet, add some pebbles to the tub and let them sit. This way your feet will get a gentle massage.
3. Scrub Your Feet
After the soaking session and making your feet dry, it is the time to massage the cuticles with cuticle cream to remove dead skin using a pumice stone. A pumice stone helps to cure rough and dry feet, but you need to do this step time to time even if you are not doing a proper pedicure, otherwise, your feet can get a little harder.
After massaging the cuticles, use a cuticle pusher to push back the cartilage skin. And remove the extra cuticles that are around the toenails to let the nails grow naturally. Then with the help of a natural scrub exfoliate your feet gently, but don’t forget the area between your toe fingers and ankles too. Then wipe off the scrub using a towel.
MyGlamm’s Wipeout Germ Killing Face Scrub
The MyGlamm’s Wipeout Germ Killing face scrub is enriched with rose and honey, which kills germs, exfoliates dead skin cells, and leaves the skin with a calming effect. This product will definitely help you with an amazing pedicure at home!
4. Apply A Moisturiser On Your Feet
Now that your feet are clean and relaxed, it is time to rejuvenate them with an ultimate moisturising session. Get yourself a heavy moisturiser and massage it on your feet, ankles and calf muscles in a circular motion for about 10 to 15 minutes. If you don’t have a moisturizer, then you can even use natural products to use as a moisturiser.
In a bowl, mix olive oil and almond oil, and add a few drops of essential oil of your choice. Mix the ingredients and use them as a moisturiser. Apply the product to your feet and massage it gently in a circular motion for 10 minutes. This type of massage will help you to enhance blood circulation and will nourish the skin. Also, if you have cracks on your feet, you can even add some lime juice and vaseline and apply them to your feet to heal the cracks. Doing this basic step in the process of doing pedicure at home will surely make your feet smooth and soft
MyGlamm Glow Iridescent Brightening Moisturising Cream
Looking for a daily moisturising cream with magical benefits? Here is an amazing rosehip-oil infused cream that nourishes and brightens your skin. This moisturising cream has a hydro crystal complex system that gives your skin an iridescent glow!
5. It’s Nail Polish TIme
After all the steps, it is the time to apply nail polish on your toenails. Though it is an optional step, you can just skin it or if you want to make your toenails look flawless, then take a step ahead.
Manish Malhotra Gel Finish Nail Lacquer
The Manish Malhotra Gel Finish Nail Lacquer is a high-shine gel finish nail lacquer that features a non-toxic formula, hi-shine gel finish, and quick-drying formula available in 20 pastel shades.
If you are interested in doing french pedicure, then here have a look at some amazing tips given below:
Tips To Do French Pedicure
Want to do a french pedicure at home? Here are the tips to do a french pedicure.
- First, apply a generous transparent base coat on your toenails and let it dry to give a nice texture.
- Apply a white nail paint on the base coat.
- Re-apply the second coat of white nail paint to make the nail paint look smooth.
- Let the nail polish dry for a couple of minutes.
- Now, end the procedure by applying the base coat again.
Quicks Tips To Do Pedicure At Home
Planning to do a pedicure at home? Here are some quick tips that you need to know.
- While doing pedicure and removing nail polish from the toenails, let your nails breathe for a while. Keeping the nails coated with nail polish all the time can make the nails yellow.
- If you don’t want to do the scrubbing process or don’t want to make the scrub, then you can just scrub off your feet with a pumice stone to clear the dead skin.
- If you see any sign of having an infection on your feet or nails, then immediately consult a doctor and don’t do the pedicure.
Question 1- Can hydrogen peroxide be used for a pedicure?
Answer 1- Yes, you can surely use hydrogen peroxide to do a pedicure. Just mix hydrogen peroxide in water and brush the feet using that water. You can also add lemon juice, glycerine, and rose water. This solution will help to remove the dirt from the feet.
Question 2- Does pedicure remove tan?
Answer 2- In the procedure of pedicure, scrubbing is one step that helps to remove tan. You can DIY pedicure that will remove the tan and rub the scrub for 10-15 minutes in a circular motion. Wash the feet with lukewarm water and the tan will be removed.
Question 3- How long does a French pedicure last?
Answer 3- Doing gel french pedicure, generally lasts for about 15 to 20 days on the feet. You need to do the process carefully as doing any sort of changes is difficult in a french pedicure.
DIY Pedicure & foot scrub- How to pamper your feet at home: Finding it difficult to step out for your pedicure session? Worry not! Our step by step DIY pedicure guide will help you know how to pamper your feet at home!
5 Reasons to get a pedicure: Check out the link for some of the most amazing reasons to get a pedicure!
Now that you know how to do pedicure at home, get ready to achieve clean and beautiful feet!