20 Ways To Make Your Eyes Pop
If you want to make your eyes pop and play your lips down, we’ve got you covered with the best tricks that’ll immediately up your eye makeup. Read on to know about these super cool and handy tips:
1. Are you having a hard time applying your eyeliner with a soft pencil? Draw a thick line onto your hand, use a stiff brush to pick up the pigment and then apply to your eye.
2. Did you know? If you use a white eyeliner on the water rim of your lower lash line, it’ll make your eyes look bigger and brighter.
3. To brighten your entire face, apply a shimmery champagne colored eye pencil in the inner corner of your eyes. See the magic it does to enhance your entire makeup.
4. Applying highlighter on your brow bone will immediately open your eyes, making them stand out.
5. Ditch your neutral black or brown liner for a brightly colored one.
7. Avoid swiping on eye shadow. Instead, press the color into your eyelid either using a brush or your fingers. This will give your lids a more pigmented and natural finish.
8. Before wearing any eye makeup, apply eye cream under the eyes and onto your lids. This will make your makeup glide on smoother.
9. Once you’re done applying your eye makeup, dab dots of highlighter along the brow bone and around your eyes and blend in with your fingers to brighten the whole area.
10. Want to achieve a classic smoky eye look? These two products is all you need to get that smoked look. Simply combine a little bit of shimmer plus tons of dark eye shadow. That, and a lot of smudging. And, voila!
11. Did you know? The most important rule while creating a smoky eye look is that if you go dark, make sure that you keep the rest of your face soft.
12. Here’s a guide to the shades of eyeshadow you should look out for depending on the color of your eyes: If you have brown eyes, use eyeshadow in navy blue to really make them stand out. If your eyes are green, try eyeshadow in purple shades such as lavender, violet, or amethyst. Keep the color sheer so it won’t look gaudy. If your eyes are blue, apply peach eyeshadow all over your lids and underneath your eyebrows to make them stand out.
13. To further blend a smoky eye, all you need to do is swipe the same color used on your lids, on your bottom lash line. This will enhance the smokey effect.
14. Apply dark eye shadows with a thin, damp brush on the upper or lower lash line for a defined eye that will last all day.
15. Avoid using an eye shadow that’s the same color as your eyes. Because if you do this, nothing will stand out, neither your eyes, nor your eye makeup.
16. While applying mascara, skip wearing it on the bottom lashes. This will make your eyes appear lifted.
17. Make use of clear mascara to groom your eyebrows and to keep them in place.
18. Dark makeup can make the eyes recede. In order to add depth, use shimmery highlight shades and make them stand out.
19. Want to wake up looking fresh? Here’s a trick! To get rid of puffy and tiredf-looking eyes, rub an ice cube in the morning to reduce the swelling.
20. For an unusual eye makeup look, dab a brightly coloured cream eyeshadow on the inner corners of your eyes. This will make your eyes stand out with that unique look.
Got any other cool tips that help your eyes stand out? Let us know in the comments below!