Absolutely the best and easiest way to hold your hair up, this summer.
You can wear the short shorts and an airy blouse but something must be done about those long locks in this hot and humid weather. We have the perfect solution: just knot up your hair and sashay down your day. Easy breezy.
And it’s not just about comfort, top knots are a huge celebrity trend right now. Don’t believe us? Take a look at these 10 Bollywood beauties wearing a top knot everywhere; at the gym, at a movie premiere, on the runway, and even while travelling. It’s a super versatile style—you can make a top knot look messy, classy, sporty or chic. Go ahead and get inspired to give this carefree, and very stylish summer hairdo a shot.
- Kalki Koechlin – Koechlin makes a not-so-neat bun look pretty darn neat. No long-hold mousse; just naturally silky hair brushed and tied up in a top knot. Don’t sweat the flyaways.
- Neha Dhupia – A top knot done right makes the most of a broad forehead. Learn from Dhupia. With hair completely off the face and no loose ends, her top knot looks classy and powerful.
- Alia Bhatt – Loosely pull your hair back with your fingers and tie it up to recreate this too-cool-to-care top knot; no one does it better than Bhatt. It works whether you’re at the gym or meeting up with friends. We love it.
- Sonam Kapoor – Kapoor is lucky. Her long, luscious hair comes together to create a voluminous top knot that looks avant garde. Use extensions or a donut to cheat and make your bun look bigger and fuller.
- Anushka Sharma – Whoever said top knots aren’t for round faces hasn’t seen Sharma work it this elegantly. Team it with a bold mouth for a statement look.
- Chitrangada Singh – Parted at the centre, delicate flicks framing her face, topped off with a messy, curly bun; Singh sports a casual yet flirty top knot on the LIFW runway.
- Priyanka Chopra – Chopra likes her updo effortless and super comfy, for those long, tiring flights. We’re going to steal this one right away.
- Deepika Padukone – Padukone does it right by adding volume at the front giving her face a fuller, more empyrean look. Greek goddess anyone?
- Kangana Ranaut – Ranaut’s natural curls give her top knot a unique texture, best defined with an ombre hair colour.
The top knot is a super simple DIY style but if you want to glamm it up, give our experts a call. They’ll style your hair for you in the comfort of your home. Call 1800 103 1516 to order a MyGlamm service today.