Invest time in your hair because it is the crown you never take off. Just like your skin, your hair should also top your priority list. Taking good care of your hair will make them look smooth and shiny all the time. Apart from shampooing and conditioning them twice or thrice a week, a hair spa once a month can be very helpful to give your hair the volume and nourishment it deserves. Follow the steps below to get yourself a hair spa at home:
1. Scalp Massage: If you want a hair spa at home, the first step is to start with a scalp massage. Take some olive oil or coconut oil and warm it up. Massage your scalp gently using the oil. This will not just improve blood circulation but also boost hair growth.
2. Steam Your Hair: Take a towel and dip it in warm water. Squeeze out the excess water. Then wrap the towel around your hair. This allows the oil to enter deep into the scalp. Let the towel sit on your hair for about 5-6 minutes.
3. Hair Mask: A hair mask is crucial to the whole hair spa process. You can easily make this mask at home. Mix 2 eggs, honey and coconut oil in a bowl. Add a ripe banana to the mask as banana helps soften the hair. Let the mask sit on your hair for about 20 minutes and then rinse it off with a mild shampoo.
4. Rinse Hair: Wash your hair using a mild shampoo. Avoid using hot water to rinse your hair as it can cause damage to the roots. Use only lukewarm water.
5. Condition Your Hair: Once you’ve shampooed your hair, the next step is to condition them. It’d be a great idea to use the water of tea leaves that has a few drops of lime juice added to it as conditioner. Let the conditioner sit for 10-20 minutes before you rinse it off with warm water.
And, voila! You have successfully completed a hair spa at home in only 5 steps. Make time to repeat this process at least once every month for healthy and shiny hair.
If you’re too tied to sign up for all that effort, you know, we’re just a call away!