Clean-ups and facials can happen once a month. However, to keep your face feeling and looking fresh every day, a proper cleansing is must. Find out what is the best way to cleanse your face at home:
1. Splash Warm Water On Your Face: Before using soap or face wash to clean your face, wet your face with warm water. Using very hot or very cold water is not good for your skin. However, lukewarm water is the best as it won’t cause any irritation. Splash water on your face either by using your hands or moisten a towel and use that to wet your skin.
2. Apply Your Favourite Cleanser: Use a cleanser that suits your skin type. Apply the cleanser in circular motion, and make sure that you cover each and every spot on your face with a tiny amount of cleanser. Massage your face in a circular motion for about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Do not use your hand or a body soap to cleanse your face because your facial skin is far more sensitive than the skin elsewhere on your body. Harsher soaps can tend to cause dryness and irritation on your skin.
3. Exfoliate Your Skin Gently: Exfoliating is gently scrubbing your face to remove the dead skin cells and dirt. Exfoliating every few days will keep your pores from getting clogged and help your facial skin look fresh and bright. Use a facial scrub or a washcloth to rub your skin in circular motions, focusing on areas that tend to be dry or oily. Exfoliating too often or too vigorously can irritate your skin. Do it just once or twice a week, and make sure you don’t scrub too hard.
4. Rinse Your Face & Pat It Dry: Rinse your face with warm water without leaving any traces of the cleanser or scrub on your face. Pat your face dry using a soft towel. Do not rub your face too hard with the towel as that can cause wrinkles and skin irritation.
5. Face Toning Helps In Smoothening Skin: Though using a toner is optional, it helps in smoothening of your skin. Apply toner by using a cotton ball on areas where your pores appear larger. This will not only help your skin become smooth and soft but also, reduce the appearance of pores.
6. End It With A Moisturizer: Finish the cleansing process by using a moisturizer. Pick a moisturizer that suits your skin type. Apply a dime-sized amount on your face. It will protect your skin from the dirt and dust, keeping it bright and glowing.
What’s your daily cleansing routine? Tell us in the comments below.